DESCRIPTION SUMMARY OF PODCAST
In this episode we talk with Jon Ryall of Frontline Accounting about The case for offshoring.
Jon is well qualified to discuss this topic as he is both a consumer and provider of these services. Jon shares some very practical information about how offshoring works in practice, all of which is based upon his own experience.
For anyone who has been contemplating whether or not to use offshoring in their business, this episode is a must-listen episode.
“The formula is systems multiplied by the training multiplied by the monitoring equals the performance of the business essentially.” – Jon Ryall
“If you put the effort in and if you have the right structures in place, they’ve come to you looking for a career and they will develop along similar lines to hiring a graduate in your local office.” – Jon Ryall
WHAT’S IN STORE FOR YOU
- A day in the life of a firm that use offshoring
- Offshoring vs outsourcing
- Challenges of offshoring and how to overcome them
- Tasks and roles that are offshored
- Education and skill level of offshore team members
- Managing both onshore and offshore teams
- Quality control expectations of Australian accounting bodies
- The future of offshoring
Click here for the full transcript of the podcast.
RESOURCES & LINKS MENTIONED
There were two books of offshoring referred to in the episode –
- Offshore or DIE! by Mark Cottle. Order a free copy by sending an email to email@example.com or by visiting the website frontlinecom
- Virtual Freedom by Chris Ducker. Purchase a copy from virtualfreedombook.com
Jon’s contact details are
Scott’s contact details are:
Thanks for tuning in!
Thanks for joining us on this month’s episode of In the Slipstream FM podcast. If you enjoyed this episode, don’t forget to subscribe via iTunes or Stitcher so you never miss an episode. While you’re there, feel free to leave us a rating and review to help us reach even more listeners!